Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

So what now?

I started this blog to gripe about some common courtesies in life that I wish would happen more often. Possibly, I just wish that I didn't have to write about them at all. To be honest, I don't have the energy to harbor all the resentment that it takes to keep up with a blog like that, and so here we are.
I am about 3/4 of the way through "Eat, Pray, Love" and I have to say that I am getting more out of this book than I thought I would. I am not a religious person, possibly because I was born and raised a Roman Catholic and I have many, MANY issues with this particular religion's practices. That being said, I do have my own set of moral beliefs and I do believe in God, so reading this book has allowed me to become less uncomfortable with the idea of "finding God", "becoming enlightened" or whatever you want to call it (pretty amazing what books can do, isn't it?).
What is my point exactly? Where am I going with this blog entry? I really don't want to focus on the negative so I am changing direction a bit and blogging about life, choices, children, books I love, and maybe even God if I get that far. Please don't let that scare you away :)

2 comments:

  1. I like this new direction much, much better :)
    Keep sharing!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time reading your Blog page, Chels and I like the new format - Eat, Pray, Love was/is a terrific book and although I didn't get as much from it as you...I thought the time in India was most interesting....

    ReplyDelete