Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Public Play Areas

This post is geared towards the parents out there, or people who plan to be parents at some time in the future. When you take your kids to the park, indoor playground, or to the play area in McDonalds, please, PUH-LEASE, I beg of you, SUPERVISE YOUR CHILDREN! I have nothing against sitting down with your friend having a coffee, working on your laptop, clicking away on your Blackberry, whatever it is you need 5 minutes away from your children for, believe me, I get it. What pisses me off is when you child is misbehaving and you aren't doing anything about it. Or when you go there and don't lay the ground rules for your kids, so they have no bloody idea how to behave around other kids of varying ages. Talk to your kids BEFORE they go in, remind them there may be little ones around and they need to be careful, and they need to know that if they can't play by the rules of the facility, it's time to leave.
So, what is Chelsea's Rule #2? Children need guidence, DO YOUR JOB.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes!! We older adults who have already raised our children past toddlerhood get especially PISSED about misbehaving youngsters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ame sister! Big kids, no knocking down the little kids!! Their Mommies might eat you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My #1 biggest parent pet peeve. See it at the park ALL THE TIME! But I am shameless, I've been known to chastise other people's children for their behaviour. If their parents aren't doing it I sure as hell will.

    ReplyDelete